Llancadwaladr, a parish in Denbighshire, on the river Ceiriog, here called Tregeiriog, which flows through the middle of the parish, 4 miles from the boundary with Salop, and 8 N by W of Oswestry. Post town, Oswestry. Acreage, 1792; population of the civil parish, 165; of the ecclesiastical, which includes part of Llansilin, 490. The surface is hilly and mountainous; one peak, called the Gyrn, is 1720 feet above the level of the sea. The parish is about 7 miles in length, and the church is at the extreme E end. By the Parish Councils Act the civil parish, with five others, forms a district council for all purposes, including poor law. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £142 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: