Gwersyllt, a village and a township in Gresford parish, and an ecclesiastical parish partly also in Wrexham parish, Denbighshire. The village stands on the river Alyn, 2 miles NNW of Wrexham, and has a station on the Wrexham, Mold, and Connah's Quay railway. The township comprises 1690 acres; population, 4036. Gwersyllt Hill is a chief residence. Coal is extensively worked. The ecclesiastical parish includes nearly all the township, and a small part of Wrexham parish, and was constituted in 1851, but altered when the new parish of Rhosddu was formed. Post town, Wrexham. Population, 3229. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £220 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Gresford. The church is good.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Wrexham||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: