St George, Denbighshire
George, St, a township and a parish in Denbighshire. The township lies on the verge of the county, 2¼ miles SSE of Abergele railway station, and 5 WNW of St Asaph. It has a post and money order office under Abergele (R.S.O.); telegraph office, Abergele, The parish contains also the townships of Dinorben and Myfod. Acreage of the civil parish, 2067; population, 289; of the1 ecclesiastical, 283. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; value, about £200 with residence. A new parish church was consecrated in 1893.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|County Court district||Rhyl|
|Ecclesiastical parish||St. George St. Siar|
|Poor Law union||St. Asaph|
|Registration district||St. Asaph||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in St George from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the St. Asaph Registration District.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for St George from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: