UK Genealogy Archives logo

Erbistock, Denbighshire

Historical Description

Erbistock, a parish in Denbighshire and Flintshire, on the river Dee, 4 miles ESE of Ruabon, and 6 SSE of Wrexham. Post town, Ruabon. Acreage, 1624; population, 351. Erbistock Hall is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £192 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is small, well restored, and beautifully situated en the banks of the Dee. Manley Woods, on the banks of the Dee, are famed for their beauty and wild flowers.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: