Deganwy, a village inEglwys Rhos parish, Denbighshire, on the river Conway, 2½ miles S of Llandudno. It has a station on the L. & N.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Llandudno. A castle, of which scanty traces remain, was built here by Hugh Lupus soon after the Conquest, and was dismantled by Llewelyn. Its site is thought by Camden to have been occupied by the Roman Dictis, which other antiquaries suppose to have been in the vicinity of Ambleside. The old English historians called the place Gannoe, while the Welsh called it Dinas-Gonwy, signifying the " fort of the Conway," and corrupted into Deganwy.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: