Cefn, an ecclesiastical parish formed out of St Asaph civil parish, Denbighshire, 2¼ miles SW of St Asaph. It has a post office under St Asaph, E.S.O. (Flintshire), which is the money order and telegraph office. Population, 486. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value, £317 with residence. The church was built in 1864. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Wrexham||1895 - 1974|
|Registration district||St. Asaph||1895 - 1935|
|Registration district||Aled||1935 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Denbighshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Cefn are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: