Eglwys Fach, Carnarvonshire
Eglwys-Bach or Eglwys-Fach, a village in Denbighshire. It stands on an affluent of the river Conway, 1 mile SE of Talycafn station on the Bettws-y-Coed branch of the L. & N.W.R., and 6 miles N of Llanrwst. It has a post and money order office (R.S.O.); telegraph office, Tal-y-Cafn railway station. The parish, which extends into Carnarvonshire, contains the townships of Bodnod, Cefn-y-Coed, Esgorebrill, and Pennant in Denbighshire, and the township of Maenan in Carnarvonshire. Acreage, 10,818; population, 1498. Much of the surface is hilly. The chief residences are Bod-nant Hall, Pennant Hall, and Maenan Abbey. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £181 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. There are a Wesleyan and two Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: