Bryncroes, a parish in Carnarvonshire, on the river Soch, under Mynydd-Rhiw, 12 miles WSW of Pwllheli railway station. Post town, Pwllheli, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 3717; population, 796. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor; net value, £101. There are Calvinistic Methodist and Baptist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|County Court district||Pwllheli|
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bryncoes St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Pwllheli|
|Registration district||Pwllheli||1837 - 1934|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Bryncroes from 1837 to 1934 you should search for the Pwllheli Registration District.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bryncroes from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Bryncroes are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: