Pistill, a parish in Carnarvonshire, on the W coast of the Lleyn Peninsula, under Yr Eifl, 1¼ mile NNE of Nevin, and 5½ miles NW of Pwllheli. It contains the village of Llith-faen, which has a post office under Pwllheli; money order and telegraph office, Nevin. Acreage, 3860 of land and 74 of foreshore; population, 716. There is a parish council con- sisting of eleven members. Granite is quarried for shipment to London. The living is a curacy, annexed to the rectory of Edeyrn, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is ancient, and there are Baptist, Calvinistic Methodist, and Congregational chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Pwllheli||1837 - 1937|
|Registration district||Pwllheli & Portmadoc||1937 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: