Llaniestyn, a parish in Anglesey, near Red Wharf Bay, 3 miles NW of Beaumaris, and 7 NE by N of Llanfair station on the L. & N.W.R. Post town, Beaumaris (R.S.O.) Acreage, 1751; population, 208. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llangoed, in the diocese of Bangor. The church, dedicated to St Jestyn, was rebuilt on the site of one which belonged to Llanfaes Priory, is Early Perpendicular, and contains a curious font of the 12th century and an inscribed slab, with inscription almost defaced, of the 14th century, supposed to commemorate St Jestyn.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Pwllheli||1837 - 1934|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llaniestyn from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: