Llangybi, a village and a parish in Carnarvonshire, 5 miles NNE of Pwllheli, with a station on the Carnarvonshire branch of the L. & N.W.R., and a post office under Chwilog (R.S.O.); money order office, Four Crosses; telegraph office, Chwilog. The parish comprises 4674 acres; population of the civil parish, 571; of the ecclesiastical, 1276. A mineral well is at the village. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Llanarmon, in the diocese of Bangor; net value, £176. The church is dedicated to St Cybi. There are Congregational and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Pwllheli||1837 - 1934|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llangybi from 1837 to 1934 you should search for the Pwllheli Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llangybi are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: