Llangian, a parish in Carnarvonshire, at the S extremity of the Lleyn Peninsula, between St Tudwali's Road and Hell's Month Bay, 6 miles SW of Pwllheli. Post town, Pwllheli. Acreage, 4641 of land and 122 of water, of which 110 arc foreshore; population, 1054. Nanhoron is a chief residence. Mynytho, an elevated district in the parish, has many objects of interest. The inhabitants are largely employed in fishing. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanbedrog, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St Cian, and is good. There are Calvinistic Methodist, Wesleyan, and Baptist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Pwllheli||1837 - 1934|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llangian from 1837 to 1934 you should search for the Pwllheli Registration District.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llangian from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llangian are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: