Llandegwning, a parish in Carnarvonshire, in the Lleyn Peninsula, near Hell's Mouth Bay, 7½ miles SW by W of Pwllheli, and 7 NE of Aberdaron. Post town, Pwllheli. Acreage, 1403; population, 121. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llaniestyu, in the diocese of Bangor.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llandegwning from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llandegwning are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: