Llanarmon, a parish in Carnarvonshire, in the vicinity of Chwilog station on the Carnarvonshire branch of the L. & N.W.R., and 5 miles NE by N of Pwllheli. Post town, Chwilog (R.S.O.) Acreage, 3933; population, 705. The parish contains the village of Chwilog. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Llangybi, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St Garmon, and was restored in 1863. There are Calvinistic Methodist, Congregational, and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Pwllheli||1837 - 1934|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanarmon from 1837 to 1934 you should search for the Pwllheli Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llanarmon are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: