Eglwys Rhos, Carnarvonshire
Eglwys-Rhos or Llanrhos, a village and a parish in Carnarvonshire, within the Ormes-Head peninsula, 1½ mile SE of Llandudno, with a post and telegraph office, with the name of Llanrhos, under Llandudno; money order office, Llandudno. Acreage, 3243, with 1075 of adjacent tidal water and foreshore; population, 2527. Deganwy Castle, near here, but slight traces of which remain, was built by Hugh Lupus soon after the Conquest, and was dismantled by Llewelyn in 1262. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value, £175. The church stands in a beautiful situation, is ancient, cruciform, and good, and contains monuments of the Mostyns.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Conway||1837 - 1905|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Eglwys Rhos from 1837 to 1905 you should search for the Conway Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Carnarvonshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: