Tretower, an ecclesiastical parish in Llanfihangel Cwmdu parish, Brecknockshire, 3 miles NW of Crickhowell, and 5 ESE of Talybont station on the Brecon and Merthyr railway. Post town, Crickhowell. Population, 335. There are ruins of an ancient castle, also a very interesting manor house, dating about 15th century, and remains of Julian road and Roman camp. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £106. The church is dedicated to St John the Evangelist There is a Congregational chapel.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: