Penpont or Bettws Penpont, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Llanspyddid parish, Brecknockshire, on the river Usk, 4 miles W of Brecon. Post town, Brecon. Acreage, 2005; population, 105. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1880. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £170.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Brecknock||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Online maps of Penpont are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: