Patricio or Partrishow, a parish in Brecknockshire, on the river Grwyney Fawr, at the boundary with Monmouthshire, under the Black Mountains, 3 miles NW of Llanvi-hangel station on the G.W.R., and 5 NE of Crickhowell. Post town, Crickhowell. Acreage, 1479; population, 54. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanbedr, in the diocese of St David's. The church is a small ancient edifice consisting of chancel, nave, and chantry. It contains a very fine rood-loft of the time of Henry VII.; two stone altars, and a very ancient font.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Crickhowell||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: