Merthyr Cynog, Breconshire
Merthyr Cynog, a parish in Brecknockshire, on the river Honddu, 8 miles NNW of Brecon, and comprising the hamlets of Lower Dyffryn Honddu, Upper Dyffryn Honddu, and Yscirfechan. Post town, Brecon. Acreage, 17,762; population, 659. The surface is mountainous. An ancient camp is at Alltamog, and two pillar crosses are at Mynachty. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, .6100. There are Congregational and Calvinistic Methodistchapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Brecknock||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: