Llyswen, a village and a parish in Breconshire, on the river Wye, at the boundary with Radnorshire. The village stands 1 mile SE of Boughrood station on the Cambrian railway, and 7 miles SW by W of Hay. It has a post office (R.S.O.); money order office, Talgarth; telegraph office, Three Cocks Junction railway station. The parish comprises 1080 acres; population, 168. A palace of the princes of South Wales was here. Dderw was a seat of the Morgans. Llangoed Castle is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; net value, £125 with residence. The church was rebuilt in 1863, and is in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Hay||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: