Llanywern, a parish in Brecknockshire, 8¼ miles E of Brecon. Post town, Brecon. Acreage, 1425; population, 102. The manor belonged to Bernard Newmarch, and was given by him to Brecon Priory. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanfihangel Talyllyn, in. The diocese of St David's.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Brecknock||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: