Llanigon, a village and a parish in Brecknockshire. The village lies near the river Wye, the boundary with Radnorshire, and the Black Mountains, 2 miles SSW of Hay. The parish contains also the hamlet of Glynfach, and its post town is Hay (R.S.O.) Acreage, 4687; population of the civil parish, 336; of the ecclesiastical, 386. Llanthomas belonged to Earl Fen'ers, passed to the Gwynnes, and now belongs to the Thomas family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £158. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Hay||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: