Llangenny or Llangenau, a parish in Brecknockshire, at the influx of the Grwyney to the Usk, 1½ mile SE of Crickhowell, and 4 miles NW of Abergavenny. Post town, Crickhowell. Acreage, 2817; population, 471. Cwrt-y-Gollen is a chief residence. Paper-making is carried on. A maen-hir, 13 feet high, is near Cwrt-y-Gollen. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llan-gattock, in the diocese of St David's. The church was dedicated to St Ceneu or Keyne, and there is a well whose waters have the same kind of popular repute as those of St Keyne's Well in Cornwall. A bell, supposed to have belonged to St Ceneu's Oratory, was found near the well in 1809. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Crickhowell||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: