Llanfillo, Llanfilo, or Llanvillo, a parish in Brecknockshire, on an affluent of the river Wye, 2½ miles W of Talgarth, and 5¼ NE of Brecon. It has a post office, of the name of Llanfilo, under Talgarth (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Talgarth. Acreage, 2731; population of the civil parish, 205; of the ecclesiastical, 241. An ancient British camp is at Alltfillo. The living is a rectory, united with the perpetual curacy of Llandefailog-Tre-Graig, in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £271 with residence. The church is dedicated to St Millburg.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Brecknock||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: