Llanfihangel Tal y Llyn, Breconshire
Llanfihangel-Tal-y-Llyn, a village and a parish in Brecknockshire. The village lies near Llyn Safaddan and Talyllyn Junction station on the Cambrian, the Brecon and Merthyr, and Midland railways, 5 miles E of Brecon. It has a post and money order office under Bwlch (R.S.O.); telegraph office, Brecon. The parish comprises 1246 acres; population of the civil parish, 237; of the ecclesiastical district, 339. The manor belonged to Bernard Newmarch. Llyn Safaddau is about 2 miles long and 1 mile wide, and affords good fishing in perch, pike, and other fish. The name Tal-y-Llyn signifies " the head of the lake." The living is a rectory, with LIanywern annexed, in the diocese of St David's; net value, £197. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1873. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Brecknock||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: