Llanfihangel Fechan, Breconshire
Llanfihangel Fechan, a township and a chapelry in Llandefailog-fach civil parish, Breconshire, on the river Honddu, 5 miles N of Brecon. Post town, Brecon, Acreage, 3095; population, 139. Castell Madoc belonged to-the Powels, passed to the Prices, and commands a fine view. A bridge spans the Honddu, and an ancient British camp is at Alltamog. The living is united with the rectory of Garth-brengy, in the diocese of St David's. The church, which was restored in 1864, contains monuments of the Powels and Watkins.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Brecknock||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: