Llanfigan or Llaneigan, a parish in Brecknockshire, on the Brecon Canal, near the river Csk, 2½ miles NW of Talybont station on the Brecon and Merthyr railway, and 4½ SE of Brecon. It contains the hamlets of Aber, Pencelli, and part of Talybont. Post town, Brecon. Acreage, 9943; population, 478. A castle of the Mortimers was here. Gilestone was held by the Pierrepoints. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; net value, £283 with residence. The church is dedicated to St Meugan. The churchyard contains several yew trees, one of which is 32 feet in girth.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Brecknock||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: