Llanelieu, a parish in Brecknockshire, 2 miles E of Talgarth Junction station on the Cambrian and Midland railways. Post town, Talgarth (R.S.O.) Acreage, 5614; population, 82. Most of the surface is waste and mountain. Several old seats were here, but have been turned into farmhouses. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £90. Patron, the Earl of Ashburnham. The church is dedicated to St Ellyw, is ancient, and has been restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Hay||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: