Llanfihangel Abergwessin, Breconshire
Llanfihangel Abergwessin, a parish, with a small village, in Breconshire, on the river Yrfon, at the influx of the Gwessin, 12 miles W by N of Builth. Post town. Garth (R.S.O.) Acreage, 11,611; population, 269. Llwyn Madoc is the chief residence. Most of the land is moorland and mountainous. The living is a vicarage, united with Llanddewi Abergwessin, in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £223 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church was built in 1871, and is in the Early English style, cruciform, with a massive tower; there are some fine old yew trees in the churchyard. There are Congregational and Baptist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Builth||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: