Llanddew, a parish in Brecknockshire, on the river Honddu½ 1½ mile NE of Brecon. Post town, Brecon. Acreage, 2691; population, 219. An ancient palace of the bishops of St David's was in this parish, and is now represented by some ruins. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £202 with residence. Patron, the Archdeacon of Brecon. The church is Early English and cruciform. There is a Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Brecknock||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: