Llanbedr Ystradwy, Breconshire
Llanbedr or Llanbedr Ystradwy, a parish in Brecknockshire, on the river Grywyne, under Sugar Loaf Hill, at the boundary with Monmouthshire, 2 miles NNE of Crickhowell, and 6 NW of Abergavenny. It contains the parcels of Bysych and Graigwen. Post town, Crickhowell. Acreage, 3814; population, 230. Moor Park, Neuadd, Glynpedr, and Llanbedr House are the chief residences. A walk hence, down the Grywyne to LIangenau church, traverses a deep dell, overshadowed by hanging woods, and encounters a marvellous variety of water, wood, and hill. The living is a rectory,. united with the perpetual curacy of Patrishow or Patricio, in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £260. Patron, the Duke of Beaufort. The church is ancient. Bishop Godwin was rector. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Crickhowell||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: