Llanafan Fechan, Breconshire
Llanafan Fechan or Llanfechan, a parish in Breconshire, on the river Yrfon, 5 miles W by S of Builth. Post town, Builth (R.S.O.) Acreage, 2873; population, 146. The surface is hilly and the rocks include slate. Gwarafog, an ancient mansion, is now a farmhouse. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llanafan Fawr, in the diocese of St David's. The church is small. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Builth||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: