Gwenddwr, a parish in Brecknockshire, adjacent to the river Wye, 2 miles WNW of Erwood station on the Cambrian railway, and 5½ SSE of Bnilth. It includes the hamlet of Trawsgoed, and its post town is Erwood (R S.O.) Acreage, 7545; population of the civil parish, 377; of the ecclesiastical, 425. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £140.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Builth||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: