Cefn Coed y Cymmer, Breconshire
Cefn-Coed or Cefn Coed-y-Cymmer, a village in the north-east corner of Glamorgan and Breconshire, 2½ miles NNW of Merthyr-Tydfil, under which it has a post, money order, and telegraph office, and a station (Cefn) on the Brecon and Merthyr railway. There are two chapels of ease under Vaynor and several dissenting chapels. There is a good viaduct over the river Taff, and a cemetery for Merthyr-Tydfil and district.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Online maps of Cefn Coed y Cymmer are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: