Cantreff, a parish in Breconshire, on the river Cynrig, a tributary of the Usk, 2½ miles SSE of Brecon. It includes the chapelry of Nantddu, and its post town is Brecon. Acreage, 8986; population, 411. The surface includes the Brecknock Beacons. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's. The church is good.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Brecknock||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: