Alltmawr, a small parish in Breconshire, on the river Wye, 3½ miles SSE of Builth, which is the post office (R.S.O.) Acreage, 676; population, 28. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £90.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|County Court district||Builth|
|Poor Law union||Builth|
|Registration district||Builth||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The registers are included in those of Llanafanfawr.
Church of England
St. Mauritius (parish church)
The church of St. Mauritius, one of the smallest in the Principality, being only 35 feet in extreme length, is an ancient edifice of stone, consisting of chancel and nave, north porch and a turret containing one bell: the fabric shows signs of extensive repairs in the Tudor period: there are 70 sittings.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Alltmawr from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.
Online maps of Alltmawr are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: