Rhosybol, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Amlwch parish, Anglesey, 3 miles S of Amlwch, with a post office under Rhosgoch (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Llanerchymedd. The. ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1876. Population, 586. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor; net value, £152 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is modern. There are Calvinistic Methodist, Baptist, and Congregationalist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Anglesey||1837 - 1937|
|Registration district||Anglesey East||1937 - 1968|
|Registration district||Anglesey||1968 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Anglesey is online.
Online maps of Rhosybol are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: