Llanwenllwyfo, a parish in Anglesey, on the coast at the mouth of the river Dulas, 4 miles SE of Amlwch and 6½ NE of Llanerchymedd. Post town, Amlwch (R.S.O.) Acreage, 1559, with 169 of adjacent foreshore; population, 313. Llys Dulas is the chief residence, and stands amid grounds which slope to the water's edge and command splendid sea-views. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor; net value, £108 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St Gwenllwyfo, and was consecrated in 1856. It contains an elaborate brass of the 17th century. The old church, now disused, is still standing. The old churchyard is situated to the N of Llys Dulas, adjoining the grounds.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Anglesey||1837 - 1933|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
FindMyPast have a parish records collection which includes transcripts and images of most Welsh parish registers.
This includes Llanwenllwyfo: Baptisms from 1813 to 1902, Marriages from 1762 to 1920, and Burials from 1813 to 1980. Free to search.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanwenllwyfo from 1837 to 1933 you should search for the Anglesey Registration District.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llanwenllwyfo from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Anglesey is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: