Llanfihangel Din Sylwy, Anglesey
Llanfihangel-Din-Sylwy, a parish in Anglesey, on the coast, 4 miles N by W of Beaumaris, and 8½ NNE of Llanfair station on the Chester and Holyhead section of the L. & N.W.R. It includes part of Beaumaris borough. Post town, Beaumaris (R.S.O.) Acreage, 759; population, 43. Limestone is quarried. There is an ancient British camp, called Dinas Sylwy or Bwrdd Arthur (Arthur's Table), and coins of Nero and Vespasian have been found. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Llangoed, in the diocese of Bangor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Bangor||1837 - 1933|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanfihangel Din Sylwy from 1837 to 1933 you should search for the Bangor Registration District.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Anglesey is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: