Llanfflewyn, a parish in Anglesey, 4 miles W of Rhosgoch station on the L. & N.W.R., 6 NW of Llanerchymedd, and 8 NE of Holyhead. Post town, Rhosgoch (R.S.O.); money order office, Llanfechell; telegraph office, Llanfaethlu. Acreage, 1276; population, 86. Some Roman antiquities have been found, and there are traces of ancient camps. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llan-rhyddlad, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St Flewyn, and is very ancient.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Anglesey||1837 - 1933|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanfflewyn from 1837 to 1933 you should search for the Anglesey Registration District.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Anglesey is online.
Online maps of Llanfflewyn are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: