Llandysilio, a village and a parish in Montgomeryshire. The village stands on Offa's Dyke, on the river Vyrnwy, adjacent to the Montgomery Canal and the boundary with Salop, near Llanymynech and Four Crosses stations on the Cambrian railway, and 6 miles S by W of Oswestry. The parish includes Four Crosses, and is traversed by a Roman road. Post town, Oswestry. Acreage, 3200 of land and 77 of water; population, 586. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph : net value, £340 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is modern, replacing a former edifice of the 7th century.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Bangor||1837 - 1937|
|Registration district||Anglesey East||1937 - 1968|
|Registration district||Anglesey||1968 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Anglesey is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: