UK Genealogy Archives logo

Ceirchiog, Anglesey

Historical Description

Ceirchiog, a parochial chapelry in Anglesey, 2 miles NNE of Ty-Croes station on the L.& N.W.R., and 4½ N by W of Aberffraw. Acreage, 659; population, 108. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llech-lyched, in the diocese of Bangor.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5


The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Registration districtAnglesey1837 - 1885
Registration districtHolyhead1885 - 1933

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.

Church Records

FindMyPast have a parish records collection which includes transcripts and images of most Welsh parish registers.
This includes Ceirchiog: Baptisms from 1813 to 1912, Marriages from 1813 to 1926, and Burials from 1813 to 1979. Free to search.

Land and Property

A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Anglesey is online.

Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: