Bodewryd, a township and a chapelry in Anglesey, 3 miles SW of Amlwch, and 12½ NE of Holyhead. Post-town, Rhosgoch, Anglesey. Acreage of the township, 464; population, 30; of the chapelry, including Rhosbeirio, 60. The living is a vicarage with Rhosbeirio in the diocese of Bangor; net value, £220 with residence. Patrons, Lord Stanley of Alderley two turns, and Bishop of Bangor one turn. The church has monuments of the Wynnes, and is small.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Anglesey||1837 - 1885|
|Registration district||Holyhead||1885 - 1885|
|Registration district||Anglesey||1885 - 1933|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
FindMyPast have a parish records collection which includes transcripts and images of most Welsh parish registers.
This includes Bodewryd: Baptisms from 1813 to 1912, Marriages from 1755 to 1927, and Burials from 1813 to 1980. Free to search.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bodewryd from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Anglesey is online.
Online maps of Bodewryd are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: