Treville, formerly extra-parochial, now a parish, in Herefordshire, 1 mile NW of St Devereux station on the G.W.R., and 8 miles SW of Hereford. Acreage, 1625; population, 142. Whitfield is the chief residence.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Dore|
|Registration district||Dore||1837 - 1838|
|Registration district||Hereford||1838 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Treville from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Treville)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online: