UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Tedstone Delamere, Herefordshire

Historical Description

Tedstone Delamere, a parish in Herefordshire, on Sapey Brook, 4 miles NE of Bromyard. Post town, Worcester; money order and telegraph office, Bromyard. Acreage, 1692; population, 203. The parish contains beautiful scenery. Tedstone Court is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford; net value, £197 with residence. Patron, Brasenose College, Oxford. The church is Norman and Early English, and was rebuilt in 1856 by Sir Gilbert Scott. It contains a carved oak chancel screen of Tudor date. In the churchyard are the old Norman font or remains of the old churchyard cross.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyHerefordshire 
Ecclesiastical parishTedstone-Delamere St. James 
HundredBroxash 
Poor Law unionBromyard 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Tedstone Delamere from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Tedstone Delamere are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online:

CountyHerefordshire
RegionWest Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtHR7
Post TownBromyard

Advertisement

Advertisement