UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

St Weonards, Herefordshire

Historical Description

Weonards, St, a village and a parish in Herefordshire. The village stands 7½ miles W by N of Ross, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Ross. The parish comprises 4561 acres; population, 543. There is a parish council consisting of eight members. Treago is an ancient castellated mansion. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford; net value, £210 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is Norman.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyHerefordshire 
HundredWormelow 
Poor Law unionRoss 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for St Weonards from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of St Weonards are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online:

CountyHerefordshire
RegionWest Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtHR2
Post TownHereford

Advertisement

Advertisement