UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Preston Wynne, Herefordshire

Historical Description

Preston Wynne, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Withington parish, Herefordshire, 3 miles N of Withington station on the G.W.R., and 6 NE of Hereford. Post town, Hereford; money order office, Sutton St Michael; telegraph office, Withington (E.S.) Acreage, 874; population, 118. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1857. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford; gross value, £134. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is good.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyHerefordshire 
Ecclesiastical parishPreston-Wynne Holy Trinity 
HundredBroxash 
Poor Law unionHereford 
Registration districtHereford1837 - 1974

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Preston Wynne from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Preston Wynne are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online:

CountyHerefordshire
RegionWest Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtHR1
Post TownHereford

Advertisement

Advertisement