UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Llangrove or Long Grove, Herefordshire

Historical Description

Llangrove or Long Grove, a hamlet and an ecclesiastical parish in Llangarren parish, Herefordshire, 4½ miles NW of Kerne Bridge station on the Ross and Monmouth section of the G.W.R., 5 N of Monmouth, and 6¼ SW of Ross, with a post office under Ross; money order office, Whitchurch; telegraph office, Goodrich. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1856. Population, 426. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford; net value, £71. The church is a plain modern edifice. There are Wesleyan and Congregational chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Llangrove or Long Grove are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online: