UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Leinthall Starkes, Herefordshire

Historical Description

Leinthall Starkes, a village and a parish in Herefordshire, 7 miles SW by W of Ludlow. Post town, Ludlow. Acreage of parish, 1017; population, 134. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford; net value, £50. There is no parsonage house. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1877.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyHerefordshire 
Ecclesiastical parishLeinthall-Starkes St. Mary Magdalene 
HundredWigmore 
Poor Law unionLudlow 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Leinthall Starkes from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Leinthall Starkes are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online:

CountyHerefordshire
RegionWest Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtSY8
Post TownLudlow

Advertisement

Advertisement