UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Huntington (Holmer), Herefordshire

Historical Description

Huntington, a township-chapelry in Holmer parish, Herefordshire, on an affluent of the river Wye, 2¼ miles NW of Hereford, and within the liberties of that city. Post town, Hereford. Acreage, 1556; population, 137. The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of Holmer, in the diocese —f Hereford. The chapel was restored some years ago.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyHerefordshire 
HundredGrimsworth 
Poor Law unionHereford 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Huntington (Holmer) from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online: